GIT Log for 2009-03-29 23:33 GMT

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 31 02:13:55 CEST 2009

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> No but there's a -=, wouldn't -=* make more sense ?

  That's getting wonky.

> Which attribute list are those being applied to?

  <shrug>  Maybe:

	require request {	# must match to stay in the list
		foo == bar
		a < b
	}

	delete reply {		# delete matching ones from the list.
		foo == bar
		a > b
	}

> Personally I think prefixing *all* the attribute removal operators with
> '-' would allow users to better deduce their meaning.

  Ugh.  That's *very* unusual.  How many languages have magic operators
that are 3-4 characters long?

> For example, I can see the logic behind '==' removing every attribute
> that doesn't match, but I think it would be easier for the layman to
> infer what -!= does.
>
> Most of the time I can see method to the madness, just not with
> attribute removal operators :)

  It's at least documented.