usage of command "radclient"

yiyongyun yiyongyun at 126.com
Fri May 29 03:04:49 CEST 2009

Hi all:
    I want to use command of "radclient" to send some packets and I saw the help of "radclient", but I
can not understand the following sentence.

    -f file
           File to read the attribute/value pairs from. If this is not specified,  they  are  read  from  stdin.   This
           option  can  be  specified  multiple times, in which case packets are sent in order by file, and within each
           file, by first packet to last packet.  A blank line separates logical packets within a file.

    Now I'm using "radclient -f /root/radPtDt/Packet_AUTH.txt  -r 1 *.*.*.*:1812 auth *****" to send packet, the content of
Packet_AUTH.txt is show as below:
        NAS-Identifier = "*****"
        User-Password = "*****"
        NAS-IP-Address = *.*.*.*
        Framed-IP-Address = *.*.*.*
        NAS-Port-Id = "*****"
        NAS-Port-Type = *****
        User-Name = "*****"
        NAS-Port = 0
    And now I want to send two Access-Request packets, then I edited the Packet_AUTH.txt as below:
        NAS-Identifier = "*****"
        User-Password = "123456"
        NAS-IP-Address = *.*.*.*
        Framed-IP-Address = *.*.*.*
        NAS-Port-Id = "*****"
        NAS-Port-Type = *****
        User-Name = "111111"
        NAS-Port = 0

        NAS-Identifier = "*****"
        User-Password = "123456"
        NAS-IP-Address = *.*.*.*
        Framed-IP-Address = *.*.*.*
        NAS-Port-Id = "*****"
        NAS-Port-Type = *****
        User-Name = "222222"
        NAS-Port = 0
    Then I used then "radclient -f /root/radPtDt/Packet_AUTH.txt  -r 1 *.*.*.*:1812 auth *****" to send packets, but error
"radclient: XNo token read where we expected an attribute name" has happened.
    So, at present, I can only execute the radclient twice to send to packets. And I want to know how to execute the radclient once to
send more packets?

                                                            best regards
                                                             yiyongyun