R: Freeradius and Sync ppp connection

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 4 16:46:56 CET 2009

Daniele Ferrara wrote:
> My problem comes when the PPPoE server restarts and when users
> re-authenticate the redius believe that they are already connected.
>
> can be a way to synchronize the two machines?

  There is a standard way for the PPPoE server to notify the RADIUS
server that it has restarted.  The PPPoE server *should* be doing this.

  However... the only reason that RADIUS "knows" the user is already
connected is because you configured it to store user logins (radutmp),
AND you configured it to allow the user on only once.