Setting Client-IP-Address in rlm_preprocess

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 17 14:51:29 CET 2009

John Morrissey wrote:
> Any comments on this patch, Alan? Don't mean to be pushy, but it's been a
> couple weeks and wanted to make sure this didn't get dropped on the floor.

  I'm still hesitant.  Part of the reason is that there is *already*
code to handle this in src/main/xlat.c.  The reason you're proposing new
code is that the xlat functionality isn't integrated into rlm_perl.   It
*is* integrated into the rest of the server...

  It may be better (but a lot more work) to use "tie":

http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/tie.html

  That way, the underlying arrays can be accessed directly, and
seamlessly.  They won't have to be mangled to/from Perl hashes, as they
will *always* be in the RADIUS data structures.

  The only problem is that it's a lot more work to implement "tie".