segv when specifying src_ipaddr in proxy.conf

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 23 13:25:12 CEST 2009

Joe Maimon wrote:
> Is PW_TYPE_STRING_PTR correct or should it be PW_TYPE_IPADDR, like
> ipaddr is.

  It should be PW_TYPE_STRING_PTR.

>>   There's no variable "type_name" in listen.c.  Your local patches are
>> breaking the server.
>
> Yes there is and it is not from any of my patches.
>
> ./git-20090910/radiusd/src/main/listen.c:rad_listen_t
> *listen_alloc(const char *type_name)
> ./git-20090910/radiusd/src/main/listen.c:       snprintf(buffer,
> sizeof(buffer), "frs_%s", type_name);

  Hmm... you're using the git "master" branch.  Don't do that.  Use
"stable".  2.1.x comes from the "stable" branch.

  The "master" branch has a number of other changes made, such as moving
the listeners to modules.  I'm not even sure that it compiles after
applying the latest TCP patches.