C++ library for Radius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 24 13:50:10 CEST 2009

Nazim Oztahtaci wrote:
> Do you mean the library folder inside Radius Src folder?

  Yes.

> There is a library called radius.c

  No.

  Do you understand how libraries work on Unix systems?  radius.c is a
source file.  libfreeradius-radius.a is a library.

> and I can see that there are functions to send
> packages to radius server. Can we add these libraries to our project cpp
> file and use these functions to make requests to Radius server from DSS?

  You need to link to the libfreeradius-radius.a library.  You need to
include the FreeRADIUS header files.

  However, the library isn't intended for use with C++ applications, so
you may have to do some work to fix it.

  You could also try the freeradius-client library.  See the web page
(freeradius.org) for more details.

> Or should we make another configurations or a client application on
> Radius server to get responses?

  I have no idea what that means.