TCP transport again

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Sat Sep 26 10:44:47 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Alexander Clouter wrote:
>
>> Stefan Winter <stefan.winter at restena.lu> wrote:
>> Tell me if I am being stupid, but why don't we just crank down the MTU
>> for IPv4 traffic to 576
>
> NFS performance on local links will become horrible.  File copies on
> local links will become horrible.

Well, I understand that, but I am guessing not everyone runs an NFS
server or client on their FreeRADIUS boxen...

>> Is there something about EAP that prevents payloads being spread across
>> several EAP-Messages?  Apologies for not munching the RFC's, but they
>> do not exactly make for light bedtime reading :)
>
>  Certificates.  They can be many kilobytes long, and most ethernet can
> only handle 1.5K packets.

Should have made clearer that I asking "payload being spread across
several packets" rather than "why do EAP packets need to be large".

Nevermind.

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: I'm a fuschia bowling ball somewhere in Brittany