Patch to allow FreeRADIUS server 2.1.8 to compile on non-GCC systems

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 21 08:48:25 CEST 2010

Scott Neugroschl wrote:
> Change Description:
>    * Allow code to compile on non-GCC systems, by providing const casting
>      when necessary (command.c, for example)
>    * Allow code to compile on non-GCC systems, by fixing variable
>      declarations that are not at the beginning of a block (ltdl.c,
>      for example)

  Get rid of the /* SAN */ text everywhere.  It's useless and annoying.
 If you want to track local changes, use 'git'.

  I used to work with a guy who put /* BOB */ on every line of code he
changed.  He lasted about 2 months.

> +		DICT_VALUE *dv = NULL; /* SAN */
>  		auth_type = auth_type_pair->vp_integer;
>  		auth_type_count++;
> -		DICT_VALUE *dv = dict_valbyattr(auth_type_pair->attribute,
> +/* SAN		DICT_VALUE *dv = dict_valbyattr(auth_type_pair->attribute,
> +						auth_type_pair->vp_integer);
> +*/
> +		dv = dict_valbyattr(auth_type_pair->attribute,
>  						auth_type_pair->vp_integer);

  If your C compiler can't handle variable declarations, it's *very* old
and out of date.

> -	cf_section2file(fp, client->cs);
> +	cf_section2file(fp, /* SAN */(CONF_SECTION*)client->cs);
>  	fclose(fp);

  This cast will satisfy old compilers.  Modern compilers won't be
confused by it.  And even for an older compiler, it does nothing more
than get rid of a warning.

  Based on this feedback, none of these patches can make it into the server.