Patch to allow FreeRADIUS server 2.1.8 to compile on non-GCC systems

Scott Neugroschl redfloyd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 20:34:59 CEST 2010

>   But my $0.02 is that functionality is allowed in what... C99?  If the
> compiler can't support standards from 10 years ago, it's not on my list
> of high priority items to fix.

I have no problem with it not being on your list.  I understand and
accept your opinion on this matter.  However, since my system only has a
C89/C90 compiler, it is on my list, and I've provided a fix (attached).

In addition, said patch also addresses const-ness errors from the compiler
(which a C99 compliant compiler should also complain about -- passing
const T * to a function expecting a T *).

Please find attached a patch to the following files, addressing both
const-ness and mid-block declarations.

* libltdl/ltdl.c
* src/main/auth.c
* src/main/command.c