Problems with compiling rlm_sql_oracle module

Dan Lark dan.lark at htc.hargray.com
Tue Aug 17 20:39:47 CEST 2010

I am desperately trying to get FR compile from the 2.1.9 source tree. In looking through the configure.in file for the rlm_sql_oracle driver from src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_oracle, it would appear that it is either looking for the 8i/9i full blown client install, or a 10g/11g full install or a specific version of the InstantClient, 10.1.0.3. (This particular InstantClient release is no longer available, btw.)

So now my questions:

1. What would the best way for me to make the configure script best recognize the release of the client software that I have installed?
2. The configure.in (and therefore the configure script) are hardcoded to a specific release and architecture. In my case, I am trying to do an x86_64 build. Is there a way to make this more generic?
3. I have tried doing some stuff with the configure.in file to make it work properly with my release of the InstantClient, but running autoconf against the modified configure.in file creates a configure script with syntax errors. It would appear that the original configure script is based on autoconf 2.59, whereas the installed version that I have 2.61. Would that make a difference?
4. Based on my observations, re. the InstantClient version information, it would appear that this code is probably stale. Is this currently even being worked on?

Any suggestions?

-dan
Dan Lark, RHCE
Systems Engineer, Hargray Communications
dan.lark at htc.hargray.com
Office: 843-706-1819 | Cell: 843-227-2263
7 Arley Way, Suite 200 (2nd Floor)
P.O. Box 3380
Bluffton, SC 29910