Sponsored development rlm_ldap and ocsp

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Aug 19 14:32:10 CEST 2010

On 08/19/2010 04:27 AM, Stephan Jäger wrote:
> Hello developers,
>
> for a projekt we need to keep the radius clients in LDAP. As this is not
> yet possible with rlm_ldap we would like to sponsor this development.
>
> Our requirements so far are:
>
> - created code should go in the official freeradius code base.
> - official invoice for our purchasing department.
> - LDAP schema oder schema enhancement for the clients with required
> attributes, ideally with oids from the freeradius projekt.
>
> Should be pretty easy as most of the needed code is already in rlm_sql
> and rlm_ldap.
>
> Please let me know what you think about this, and if someone is willing
> to do this please mail me your offer stating your timeframe and price.
>
> Additionally we might be interested to sponsor OCSP support for EAP-TLS,
> so i'd be happy to receive offers on this one too, though this one is
> not yet decided on internally.

Welcome to the power of open source, you don't have to pay to get this
done. I've already implemented storing clients in LDAP here at Red Hat.
At Red Hat we believe in sharing and supporting the community. You're
more than welcome to the code. Our plan all along had been to send the
code upstream (i.e. give it to FreeRADIUS) but the project this was done
for was put on hold and I was reassigned. We still plan on doing this
but at a later date because of our internal schedules.

Now that the FreeRADIUS code base is in git it makes doing this even
easier. I will try to take some time, even if it's my personal time to
dust off the code and get it merged into a git repo which I'll publish.
Do you have a time frame you need this by?

With respect to the OID's, we do have an LDAP schema defined but we used
our own OID's out of expediency. It's trivial to change the OID's
though. Alan does FreeRADIUS already have a block of OID's?

If you would like to make a contribution may I suggest you donate
something to the FreeRADIUS project and/or purchase a RHEL subscription
if you happen to be using one of the RHEL clones.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/