radutmp

Gabriel Blanchard gabe at teksavvy.ca
Thu Dec 9 03:00:45 CET 2010

any reason why the session_id is limited to only 8 bytes in radutmp?

It's truncating my session_ids by 2 bytes and caused me a lot of
headaches :P

Would it break anything if I'd just increase it to 32 bytes?

While we're at it, why not change the login to 64 bytes as well?

I can implement it and submit a patch...just thought I'd email the list
first to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid.

include/radutmp.h

struct radutmp {
  char login[32];               /* Loginname */
                                /* FIXME: extend to 48 or 64 bytes */
  unsigned int nas_port;        /* Port on the terminal server (32
bits). */
  char session_id[8];           /* Radius session ID (first 8 bytes at
least)*/
                                /* FIXME: extend to 16 or 32 bytes */

-Gabe