Performance issue with Freeradius (2.1.7) running Veriwave

Verma Anurag-VNF673 Anurag.Verma at motorolasolutions.com
Fri Dec 17 12:51:25 CET 2010

Just to give you an idea of RSA calculation in h/w, this is what I get
when I run openssl speed test. As per the documentation, the
authentication rate should also reflect that, but the real numbers are
nowhere close to this.

# openssl speed -engine dataplane  rsa2048
engine "dataplane" set.
Doing 2048 bit private rsa's for 10s: 1125 2048 bit private RSA's in
7.76s
Doing 2048 bit public rsa's for 10s: 2027 2048 bit public RSA's in 9.89s
OpenSSL 0.9.8p 16 Nov 2010
built on: date
aes(partial) idea(int) blowfish(ptr)
compiler: CFLAGS
available timing options: TIMES TIMEB HZ=100 [sysconf value]
timing function used: times
                  sign    verify    sign/s verify/s
rsa 2048 bits 0.006898s 0.004879s    145.0    205.0

Anurag