Wish list

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Feb 7 23:12:39 CET 2010

Account for FreeRadius mail list wrote:
> In the proxy.conf file I found the thing that was causing me problems.
> It was a realm statement "notrealm" that caused that particular realm
> not to load.

  The "notrealm" statement applied to the "realms" file.  It doesn't
apply to proxy.conf.

  i.e. nothing in proxy.conf says that adding "notrealm" will work.

  If you read "proxy.conf", you'll see that there is another way to
define a realm that isn't proxied.  Look for "local", or "not proxied".

> It would be real nice in the log file that it did not just
> say: "Info: Ready to process requests." but it told you that it could
> not load a particular realm because of an error.

  I have no idea what you put into the proxy.conf file, so I can't guess
what went wrong.

> I know this can be kind of nit picking and don't get me wrong I very
> much appreciate what everyone has done for this code, but it would save
> a lot of time trying to figure out where "I" screwed up at.

  All of the configuration options for the proxy.conf file are
documented in detail in that file.  Putting "additional" things into the
file means you're not following the documentation.