Challenge/response in client 1.1.6

Scott Neugroschl redfloyd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 18:32:34 CEST 2010

Scott Neugroschl wrote:
> It looks like the FreeRADIUS client library 1.1.6 doesn't handle
> challenge/response (code == PW_ACCESS_CHALLENGE).
>
> At the end of rc_send_server(), around line 390, only PW_ACCESS_ACCEPT,
> PW_PASSWORD_ACK, PW_ACCOUNTING_RESPONSE,PW_ACCESS_REJECT, and
PW_PASSWORD_REJECT
> are valid responses.

As a side note, if the patch that I submitted isn't accepted, then
PW_ACCESS_CHALLENGE
should be added to the list of items giving a REJECT_RC in rc_send_server().

Per RFC 2865, section 4.4:

"If the NAS does not support challenge/response, it MUST treat an
 Access-Challenge as though it had received an Access-Reject
 instead."

(comment also added to Bug 85)

ScottN