Changes to "git"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 31 11:01:07 CEST 2010

  The code from the "master" branch is pretty much dead at this point.
Therefore, I plan on:

a) moving the code from "master" to an "old-dev" branch

b) updating "master" to be the same as "stable"

c) leaving "stable" alone, but no longer doing commits to it.

  The question is this:  should I simply *replace* the "master" branch
with "stable", or *merge* them?

  Merging them means that all checkouts of "master" will get the old
deprecated code.  Ugh.

  Replacing them means that everyone with a copy of the repository has
to do a "force" update of their local "master" branch.  This is
annoying, but shouldn't be a problem because no one should be using the
"master" branch.

  Any comments before I go poke the repository?