proxy.conf: no_response_fail

Josip Almasi joe at vrspace.org
Fri Apr 15 17:09:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

there is a scenario that might require "no_response_fail = yes".

First, network breaks; power outage, spanking trees, something other but
massive.
Then clients start comming online, put some heavy load on backend
server. Retry, retry, and - clients DoS backend.
In that case I might want to send Access-Reject, to get some breathing
space.

I had one case much like this with a buggy BRAS a few years ago.
And I was involved in another, where Access-Reject made things much
worse, due to buggy IADs - once rejected, they reset to factory defaults:>

So, although I can't really say I need this feature, I know of cases
that make it usefull.

Regards...