segmentation fault freeradius 2.1.7 using rlm_sql

David Bird david at coova.com
Tue Aug 2 21:09:18 CEST 2011

Houston, who's having the problem? :)

Perhaps in a perfect world, everyone writing open-source is fully
employed by RedHat, Google, IBM, or some other company who directly or
indirectly benefits from the software. Where you have (paid) teams of
people to patch, maintain, and test features and releases. Of course,
we'd all would like to see and benefit from more rigorous testing and
packaging in open-source. But, isn't that part of your (paid) job? :)

I don't really see the argument being made why the FR team should do all
that you ask; it doesn't put their kids through school or put food on
their tables; and obviously doesn't keep people from using the
software...

You also suggest "Organize a rigorous beta test program." Well, do you
test FR when asked to? Are you suggesting they _pay_ testers? Perhaps
releasing new versions is the only way they eventually get people to
test and report problems...

I know you have the best intentions in mind, but I think it's wrong to
imply the FR team does not...

David