rlm_perl.c questions

Anatoly Ivanov anatoly.ivanov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 00:51:36 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I have a couple of questions regarding modules/rlm_perl/rlm_perl.c:
perl_detach(...):

1.  Is it correct to call PERL_SYS_TERM in detach()?

I am experiencing quite random and unpredictable segfaults with radius 2.1.8
and rlm_perl, and it really looks like memory allocation/multithreading
 error. I have very similar system running radius 2.1.7, and it works just
fine. The most significant difference in rlm_perl between 2.1.7 and 2.1.8 is
that PERL_SYS_TERM call.

According to the documentation
(http://perldoc.perl.org/perlembed.html), PERL_SYS_TERM
should be called only once. In our case, it is called once per detaching
thread.

2. This code:

embed = rad_malloc(4*(sizeof(char *)));
memset(embed, 0, sizeof(4*(sizeof(char *))));

looks like a misprint to me. Not that it would cause any real errors, but it
is inaccurate anyway.

Thank you,
Anatoly.