dialup_admin php notice errors

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Jan 7 10:52:27 CET 2011

  Hi,

just now I have had to upgrade my dialup_admin installation to a machine
running PHP5.3, and also noticed numerous PHP errors.

I have fixed the code, see attached patch. It solves the following
bugs/deprecated code warnings:

* replace ereg -> preg_match, ereg_replace -> preg_replace, split ->
preg_split for PHP5.3 compatibility
* fix LIMIT not working when using MySQL
* add configuration item "timezone" to make PHP 5.1+ happy

and adds one (trivial, one-liner) feature:

* add comparison operators "!=" and "not like" to Accounting

Now, I have an almost error/warning/notice free installation. There is
still something bogus around the use of mktime() someplace, but I don't
use that part of dialup_admin, so I'll leave that alone.

It's tested to work at my installation, and I would appreciate if the
code could get into mainstream release. But it can of course use much
more testing! Particularly the LDAP-related parts (user_edit a.s.o.)
only got the same code massage about preg's but got no testing because
that's also an unused code part for me.

Doesn't help for Todd's errors, I suppose, but I find these code changes
useful anyway.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--