<<URGENT>> : Free Radius behavior

kalk kaliyaperumal.krishnan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:51:28 CEST 2011

Hi Experts,

  I have the below setup.

[Agilent]
------------[Router]--------------------------------------------------- [
Free Radius Server]
                                   50.0.0.2
50.0.0.1             172.52.1.1
                                        eth0
eth1                 eth0

The Router sends AAA Request to the Free Radius Server through the interface
( its ip 50.0.0.2) with Destination IP address as 172.52.1.1. But, when
router receives response from the Radius server, the response has Source IP
as as (50.0.0.1). When I looked into the radius-server, it has the below
config.

listen {
 ipaddr = *
}

it means, the radius can run on any IP address.

My question here is, since the router sends request to Radius with the
assumption of Radius server runs on (172.52.1.1.), the radius server should
listen on that IP address. Is this correct ? Or can it run on any IP
address. Since the radius replies with SRC_IP as 50.0.0.1, sessions are not
coming up with the Router.
Can some one clarify me asap. Appreciating your helps...

Thanks,
Kaliyaperumal K