Document required for rlm_python

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 15:05:53 CEST 2011

On 07/25/2011 12:18 AM, Lingfeng Xiong wrote:
> hi all,
> I am very sorry to bother you, but I need the documents for rlm_python.
> I have searched the wiki and documentation page and found nothing,
> The project I am working on required me to write a authentication
> backend for FreeRadius to authenticate with a Django website via HTTP. I
> wanna make this program by rlm_python to simplify the development.
> Thanks in advanced.

If I understand correctly you want to authenticate users in a Django web
application. If so then you're doing radius client, not radius server,
rlm_python is for running python code inside the FreeRADIUS server. If
you're doing radius client you need to locate a python client library.
FWIW, the doc is in doc/rlm_python, but appears to be somewhat out of date.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/