Review request: rlm_xmlrpc

Angelo Compagnucci angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:09:19 CEST 2011

Hi Arran,

I know very well the inefficienses of the xmlrpc protocol.
The initial idea was to use json-rpc (less data, so less packet size),
but there isn't a good library for json-rpc in c.
My module keeps connection opened in a connection pool (implemented
with a circular linked list and initialized during xmlrpc_instantiate
method) and uses http 1.1 persistent connections.

So no, there is no overhead for each radius packet processed by the
xmlrpc module a part the xml "decorations" added by the protocol.