Failed creating handler

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jun 25 00:13:27 CEST 2011

On 06/24/2011 09:22 PM, Cornel Cruceru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running FreeRADIUS 2.1.11 on Gentoo compiled with specific patches
> (qafixes, versionless, pkglibdir) and a small patch of my own
> (byminute, adds an extra var in xlat.c, nothing big). I'm experiencing
> a weird crash of which I've found absolutely nothing online: "Failed
> creating handler". Source code says this one comes from
> src/main/event.c when calling fr_event_insert() but I can't figure out
> anything else.

There was a discussion on the -users lists:

2.1.x 34c68ba8: freebsd 7.x: segfault/internal error in select()

...which was related to USEC > 1000000; it looks from the code as if
this is one possible cause of that error message. Can you reliably
reproduce this - if so, can you try the HEAD of v2.1.x GIT branch?