Plaintext documentation

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sat Jun 25 12:20:06 CEST 2011

On Jun 25, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Brian Candler wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:14:29AM +0100, Brian Candler wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:44:02AM +0200, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>> Yeah looks like it's a pretty good equivalent to gollum. Unfortunately,
>>> clicking the 'history' link on the home page doesn't exactly fill me with
>>> confidence that it'll be any less buggy :(.
>>
>> Hmm, hadn't noticed that! History works on my local test installation. I'll
>> raise it on the gitit group.
>
> OK, the problem has been found and fixed:
> http://groups.google.com/group/gitit-discuss/msg/8e519d464ab9a76b
>
> Basically, the history page was only looking for changes in the last year,
> and was aborting if there weren't any.  It has been changed to display the
> last 100 changes, with a continuation link.  But it would only have affected
> stale pages :-)

Aha, ok that makes sense :)

> I also received a private reply from someone who said they had used gitit
> heavily in production at their organisation (a childrens' hospital) for the
> past 18 months, and it had been rock solid.

While that may be, a Childrens' Hospital isn't likely to be exercising all the features of the wiki (expressions, code highlighting etc..).

I don't think i've ever used an open source product which hasn't had at least one minor bug, so the ability to write patches to fix issues is a big bonus.

I don't have time to learn Haskell, on top of Perl (which I need for my job) and French (which I need for my girlfriend (acquisition), and I guess ordering beer.... maybe food?..).

If you can convince one of the more permanent list members ( Alex Clouter, Phil Mayers, Peter Nixon, One of the Alans etc..), that a) the current wiki needs replacing and b) that they really want to learn Haskell, then we'd consider switching gitit.

Cheers,
Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Half the complexity of Diameter