Plaintext documentation

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sun Jun 26 20:07:00 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 12:20:06PM +0200, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> While that may be, a Childrens' Hospital isn't likely to be exercising all
> the features of the wiki (expressions, code highlighting etc..).
>
> I don't think i've ever used an open source product which hasn't had at
> least one minor bug, so the ability to write patches to fix issues is a
> big bonus.

I don't know Haskell either, but I've found the mailing list (and in
particular the author) to be responsive and helpful.  And the fact that
Haskell is a functional language, and compiles into a binary executable,
suggests to me that the finished product will be very robust.

I'm not advocating any change for change's sake. I think it's a worthwhile
option for anyone looking to deploy a new wiki.  I cringe every time I have
to use yet another different wiki markup; to me, markdown is the least
annoying of them all.

But if you're using gollum, and happy with it, then github flavoured
markdown is probably good enough.

Regards,

Brian.