LDAP timeouts during failure conditions

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 23:10:11 CEST 2011

On 06/29/2011 05:59 PM, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 06/23/2011 05:28 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Phil Mayers wrote:
>>> So, some discussion on the JANET-ROAMING list leads me to believe that,
>>> during an "ldap server down" condition, rlm_ldap will incur
>>> "net_timeout" on every (or many) passes through the module.
>>
>> It's better for the module to track when connections are down, and
>> return quickly if all are down.
>

> So:
>
> https://github.com/philmayers/freeradius-server/commit/58e545bd183029da9cdb1e591cd38ca208f55f87

...and for completion, more or less orthogonal, an implementation of
Alex's idea - needs some autoconf love to detect the ldap_init_fd
private function in libldap (the local prototype and #define seem to be
required - both curl and samba do that, as the function is private)

https://github.com/philmayers/freeradius-server/commit/f17db6f5e8e71a71d96b7baf4de44e79e0c2d75d

Dinner time I think!