rlm_ippool slowness

Chris Hellberg chrishellberg at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 16:10:29 CET 2011

Alan,

----- Original Message ----

I've done this because the default behavior in freeradius of using Nas-Port and
Nas-IP-Address will not generate a unique hash or rather will generate too
duplicate hashes.

> > However, I find radiusd goes up to 97% CPU  when I use this IP allocation
>method.
>
> > If I don't use any server-side IP  allocation, I get CPU use hovering around
>4%.
>
> > I can't use an integer  like Nas-Id to hash against because it's not a unique
>
> > value on my NAS,  hence I had to modify rlm_ipool.c. So I can't easily check

> > whether the  problem is in the rest of rlm_ippool.c or in the change of the
> > hashing  method that I've done.
>
>   If the problem isn't in the default code,  then it's difficult for us
> to help.

I've changed one line - the line that creates the hash key. What would you need
me to provide/do to help find the source of the delay?

/Chris