expansion of %{client:shortname}

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 24 15:59:04 CEST 2011

hi,

I know there have been discussions of this in the past - but
I was doing some stuff today and came across something related
thats already been mentioned but still appears to be absent

if I use %{client:shortname} and my clients.conf contains
shortname = blahblah

then i get a string expansion in unlang of "blahblah" = good

(and, in fact I can add any random line to the client stanza and it
will work as per email from Alan some months back) = good

however, If my clients are in SQL (postgresql or MySQL) then the
expansion doesnt work,

%{client:shortname} expands to ""

what work needs to be done, or area of code explored for this expansion
to work when the clients are in SQL?  (i see from the startup in
debg mode that the shortnames in the SQL are all read and noted...)

many thanks

alan