How to install freeradius2.1.12 ? Warnings are generated at ./configure time

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 14:43:35 CET 2011

Hi,

> configure: WARNING: snmpget not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl may
> not work
> configure: WARNING: snmpwalk not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl
> may not work

do you want SNMP functionality (ie simultaneous usage checking via scripts?)
if so, install snmp-utils

> configure: WARNING: pcap library not found, silently disabling the RADIUS
> sniffer.

do you want to use radsniff?  if so, install pcap devel/libraries

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_counter.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_counter requires:  libgdbm.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_dbm requires:  (ndbm.h or gdbm/ndbm.h or
> gdbm-ndbm.h) (libndbm or libgdbm or libgdbm_compat).
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_dbm.

do you want DBM stuff? if so, install the GDBM libraries/includes

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_peap.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_peap requires: OpenSSL.

<snip>  do you wan tANY EAP functionality? if so, install openSSL libraries/headers

> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_ikev2 requires:  libeap-ikev2
> EAPIKEv2/connector.h.
> configure: WARNING: the TNCS library isn't found!
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_tnc.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tnc requires:  -lTNCS.

do you want TNC? if so, install the libraries

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ippool.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_ippool requires:  libgdbm.

already covered above..

> configure: WARNING: neither krb5 'k5crypto' nor 'crypto' libraries are
> found!

do you want any kerberos stuff? if so, install kerberos5 libraries/headers

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ldap.

...and LDAP libraries/headers

..and so on...

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_pam.

PAM libraries/headers

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_perl.

PERL

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_python.

PYTHON

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_iodbc.

IODBC

> configure: WARNING: MySQL libraries not found. Use

..this one even says!  MySQL libraries/headers

> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_postgresql.

and same for postgres

> configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use

..and Oracle

> If I install it (make and make install) I get an error when I try to run

if you want to use any of these features then you will need to install the
required system libraries and headers to allow compilation to support them.

if this sort of stuff is unfamilar you might want to try by using the version
supplied with your distro??

alan