Need help on testing freeradius (problems with radclient)...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 21 12:08:09 CET 2011

artaxerxe wrote:
> I have included already the /usr/local/lib directory in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> but I think the problem is I don't have this library in my system:
> libfreeradius-radius-2.2.0.so. So is freeradius missing something at
> installation time? Because I can't find this library even on the internet to
> download.

  So you didn't tell us what you *really* did.

  You said you built the server.  This is true.  You *didn't* say that
you copied radclient to a different machine.

  That's the *only* way you can have radclient but not any
libfreeradius-radius on your system.

  You need to build && install radclient on the same machine.  Or, when
copying radclient, copy *all* of the files it needs.  This means
libraries, dictionaries, etc.  And don't ask us which ones.  That is
done automatically by "make install".  So you doing it manually is a
waste of everyones time.