[libfreeradius-client] Send request to non-standard ports

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Oct 3 11:22:54 CEST 2011

On 3 Oct 2011, at 12:08, Kevin Lemonnier wrote:

> On 10/03/2011 10:54 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Kevin Lemonnier wrote:
>>> I'm not confusing, I want to change the UDP port to which the paquet is
>>> sent, the request itself.
>>>
>>> I just want to sent it to 11812 instead of 1812, and I can't find how to
>>> do this ..
>>
>>  Use "hostname:port"
>>
>>  Alan DeKok.
>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html
>>

> Where ?
> In the radiusclient.conf file ?
> But if I do that, I will not be able to send some paquets to 1812 and
> some others to 11812, right ?

Wherever you specify the IP address for the RADIUS server, just use the format <IP | Hostname>:<Port>. This is widely accepted practice, this is not specific to the RADIUS client library. I'm not sure why you didn't try it first instead of posting to the list...

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !