Fast session resumption segfault

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 17:19:59 CEST 2011

On 10/20/2011 03:46 PM, Alexander Clouter wrote:
> Phil Mayers<p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>  wrote:
>>>>
>>> We have session resumption enabled (lifetime 24 and max_entries 8192)
>>> and we do not have any problems:
>>
>> Weird; AFAICT there's a clear memory leak prior to Alan's fix. Which
>> version are you running?
>>
> ~70c2285ish

Ok, so 2.1.12 basically. I honestly don't understand how we're having
problems and you're not.

How many auths are you doing per day? How many are actually triggering
session resumption? What are your "cache { }" settings?

>> Are you perhaps not caching any reply VPs?
>>
> Just the User-Name.

Interesting.

I am setting Cached-Session-Policy on inner-tunnel, then extracting it
in post-auth on outer and doing all decisions there.

It's segfaulted a couple of times since then. The most recent occurrence
was inside the "detail" module we run in post-auth, and I was able to
examine the reply VPs - sure enough, the first VP in the list was a
corrupted version of the Cached-Session-Reply VP; the ->next pointer and
all the rest of the VPs were intact, but that one VP had corrupted
payload, and an absurd length.

Weird stuff...