FreeRADIUS can't make progress under certain load

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Sep 11 22:14:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

> It's a working one. Just think of it: some of the new requests get
> dropped because the server thinks it can't handle them right now: it has

but the server can handle them - you jst need to fix your bottleneck.
what is the bottleneck in your system? I'm going to guess its a database.
it usually is. what is your database?  MySQL?  do you have indexes?
do you clean up old junk?   I have FreeRADIUS with postgresQL and can happily
do 10k auths/second

alan