RADIUS Disconnect scenarios

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Sep 29 15:12:23 CEST 2011

On 29 Sep 2011, at 15:03, <vikraman.p36 at wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Please provide me the solution for the following ,
>
> What are the scenarios/conditions cause the RADIUS server to send RADIUS Disconnect Request to RADIUS client (NAS) ?

Um, why did you send this to the developers mailing list?

The only scenarios/conditions that cause the RADIUS server to send DM messages are the ones configured by the administrator, it doesn't do this by default.

DM messages are usually set to be triggered by Accounting-Requests where a user has used up allotted bandwidth, or it's past the time they're allowed to connect to the network.

They can also be sent by radclient for arbitrary reasons.

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !