Fwd: Upgraded freeradius to 2.1.12 with openssl 0.9.8n - Error: No SSL info available. Waiting for more SSL data.

Winson Fernandes winsonfernandes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:21:17 CEST 2012

Hi Alan,

We added more logs into openssl and found out why the
“state->info.initialized” did not get set and the callback had arg as NULL.

This was because the value SSL_CTRL_SET_MSG_CALLBACK_ARG  passed  by
freeradius SSL_set_msg_callback_arg  -> Set_msg_callback_arg was 14 (due to
wrong header file). The value should have been 16 as per the upgraded
openssl-0.9.8n/ssl/ssl.h.

The radiusd was using the montavista build environment's openssl header
file which is 0.9.7 (which comes bundled with montavista tool chain).

Will either upgrade the openssl tool chain or make necessary changes in the
Makefile.

Thanks,
Winson