Backporting rlm_rest to 2.1.x

Gavin Alves gavin.alves at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 10:27:32 CEST 2012

Thanks Alan.  Pretty much the answer I was expecting but not the one I was
hoping for.

3.0 is not mature enough for my requirements, especially as you say there
are significant architectural changes.

I've decided to try initiating the http requests using rlm_perl, which as I
understand it, should have no significant overhead insofar as the
interpreter is concerned.  The only downside I see is that it will not be
possible to reuse the curl connections.  However this is compensated for by
the ability to design requests in a high level language.

Please shoot me down if this is a terrible idea.