rlm_sql_log: failure on Accounting-On / Off

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Aug 13 14:47:22 CEST 2012

>   Try the sql module in 3.0.  The "rlm_sql_null" config is now documented.
>
>> That's not nice. Could this code be wrapped around by a test which
>> determines the packet type, and is more gentle on Accounting-On/Off?
>
>   Sure.  Submit a patch. :)

Well... If it already got fixed for 3.0, I prefer workarounds. I now set
it to

sql_user_name = "%{%{User-Name}:-NO User-Name}"

which makes stuff work. It has the side-effect that real accounting
tickets which don't have a User-Name will now *not* complain any more,
but will instead be logged with this bogus string. I'd prefer if such
pathological tickets do get somewhat exposed in the logs, but I can live
with it the way it is now :-)

Thanks,

Stefan

--