First steps in 3.0

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 14 09:08:25 CEST 2012

Stefan Winter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been poking 3.0 master (GIT from yesterday) with a stick.
> Despite some things that make "make install" fail, there's at
> least one thing preventing me from running it in build/ even.
>
> "BOILER=yes make" omits the rlm_sql_mysql driver for some reason.

  Laziness.  I don't use the various SQL drivers, so I didn't bother
building them.

> But then the build only picks up the rlm_sql_null driver:

  Yeah.  See rlm_sql/all.mk

> So I tried to call make directly in the driver subdir
> to see where I end up, and got a source error:
>
> rlm_sql_mysql # BOILER=yes make

  That won't work.  The "boiler" system requires a build from the top-level.

> CC sql_mysql.c@
> sql_mysql.c: In function ‘sql_query’:
> sql_mysql.c:189: error: ‘SQL_CONFIG’ has no member named ‘sqltrace’
> make: *** [sql_mysql.lo] Error 1

  I need to go fix that.  I cleaned up the SQL config, but didn't check
everything.

> I then deleted the offending lines 189+190 from sql_mysql.c,
> which made make fail a bit later; but still no joy.
>
> I'm on GNU make 3.81 which I understand is the very bare minimum,
> but should do.

  Create an "rlm_sql_mysql/all.mk" file, and reference it from
rlm_sql/all.mk

  Then do a build from the top of the source tree.