First steps in 3.0

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Aug 14 10:57:25 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter at restena.lu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the quick reaction :-)
>
>>   I need to go fix that.  I cleaned up the SQL config, but didn't check
>> everything.
>
> Saw your commit in GIT, and used the one with fixes.
>
>>   Create an "rlm_sql_mysql/all.mk" file, and reference it from
>> rlm_sql/all.mk
>>
>>   Then do a build from the top of the source tree.
>
> Did that; the build now descended into the subdir, but choked over
> one thing:
>
> CC src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/sql_mysql.c
> src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/sql_mysql.c:40:27: error: mysql_version.h: No such file or directory
> src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/sql_mysql.c:41:20: error: errmsg.h: No such file or directory
> src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/sql_mysql.c:42:19: error: mysql.h: No such file or directory
>
> My headers are installed just fine, but in a mysql/ subdir. According

You mean /usr/include/mysql?

> to the code, this *should* be detected by configure and
>
> #ifdef HAVE_MYSQL_MYSQL_H
>
> should make sure that the mysql/* files are included. But that
> doesn't happen, instead the "#else" is taken.
>
> That's with the up-to-date 5.5 sql libs directly from mysql.com.

It works using ubuntu's bundled libs, which also has the headers on
/usr/include/mysql/

Then again I'm using the standard make (without BOILER=yes). Can you
try that as well, to narrow down the source of problem?

> In all.mk, I added hardcoded
>
> TGT_LDLIBS    =  -lmysqlclient -lmysqlservices -lmygcc
>
> which allowed the build to go through (I guess configure should take
> care of that at some point). rlm_sql_mysql.so and friends are in the
> build's lib/ subdir, but still, the binary won't start:
>
> rlm_sql Creating new attribute sql-webmailsso-users-SQL-Group
> Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: rlm_sql_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!)are in the search path of your system's ld.
> /usr/local/freeradius/config//raddb/modules/sql-webmailsso-users[1]: Instantiation failed for module "sql-webmailsso-users"

> This is now going beyond my knowledge of lib-magic.

It works for me when built without BOILER (simpe ./configure && make
&& make install, and enable sql)

--
Fajar