rlm_sql_log removed?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Dec 2 13:31:50 CET 2012

On 12/02/2012 11:28 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> On 2 Dec 2012, at 10:19, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at IMPERIAL.AC.UK>
> wrote:
>
>> For reference, we use that everywhere, because it can handle
>> post-auth logging, which the detail file reader can't.
>
> rlm_sql_log was deprecated and subsequently removed in favour of the
> rlm_sql_null, which just runs the logging code in the rlm_sql module.
> If you find functionality missing from rlm_sql, send a patch, or let
> me know and i'll add it.

Hmm. Are you sure the "rad_lockfd" locking scheme is compatible with the
one rlm_sql_log / radsqlrelay use(d)?

Bear in mind that lockf is not guaranteed to be a mapping to fcntl (it
is on Linux currently, IIRC). flock() is completely unrelated (and also
doesn't work across NFS, in case this matters).

I know the Unix file locking APIs are vile, but having the locking
method the server uses on files which external processes might access be
a compile-time variable might make things difficult for people who have
to read those files in external processes. They have to implement all
three, and know which one the server binary is using right now...