eDir Universal password implementation.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Dec 7 16:14:29 CET 2012

Olivier Beytrison wrote:
> Initial commit in my fork is visible here :
> https://github.com/olivierbeytrison/freeradius-server/commits/rlm_ldap_add_eDir_upwd_support
>
> Btw, it has been some years since the last time I wrote C. Be gentle and
> advise, I'll try to make it as clean as possible. Any advice are welcome !

  I've cleaned up the code && pushed it back to the main repository.
some comments:

- formatting is good.  By good, I mean "Alan is almost fanatical about
formatting".

- similar with variable names, etc.  CamelCase is annoying.  Hungarian
notation with type-names is annoying.

- "goto cleanup" is OK, but it should be done early, rather than
checking for errors:

	if (!err...)

  That's BAD.  Just do "if (err) goto cleanup"

- simplicity is to be desired.

- functions are "static" where possible

- parameters are "char *str, size_t size", not the other way around.

- I squashed all of the changes into one commit, and added the
  "configure" changes, too.

- I didn't make any changes to the main rlm_ldap.c file.
  I'm not sure I'm happy with that code.  There may be simpler ways to
do it.

- malloc can be avoided for small buffers.  (and should be avoided)

  Please grab a fresh copy, and see how it works for you.