LDAP Accounting

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Dec 10 09:37:56 CET 2012

On 10 Dec 2012, at 08:25, Olivier Beytrison <olivier at heliosnet.org> wrote:

> On 10.12.2012 01:33, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> Just pushed up a few patches to add LDAP accounting.
>>
>> Not well tested, but managed to modify attributes in my test directory.
>
> I'll do some more testing. I've raised a use case for this during my
> sleep this night ;) I'll test it out as soon as the cfree issue is gone.

Thanks

>> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/8a62cce4a224c03b5b5fe40cc308215c1d1b5c5e
>>
>> For the moment it doesn't support adding new LDAP objects, just modifying existing ones. If someone really really wants that I could take a look at adding it.
>
> you're sure? it looks like we can do += which trigger a ldapmodify with
> LDAP_MOD_ADD. same goes for -=

I think that's per attribute, as it was being specified at an attribute level. I.e. += added a new attribute instead of changing the value of an existing one, and -= removed an attribute with the specified value. If you want to add or delete at an object level you call ldap_add / ldap_delete.

I've renamed cfree to rad_cfree to stop the conflict with std lib, should build now.

-Arran