MSChapV2 change-password packet request

Serate seratedanzanti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 15:37:48 CET 2012

Hi!
I am working around a CISCO ACS server to authorize users access in a
web application. All is done and working but i would like now to support
the password expiry procedure trought the MSChapV2 protocol.
I edit a user on the server with the password expiration and when i
connect with his credentials i receive the correct message from server:
a AccessReject packet with in MS CHAP ERROR the string with the code 648
(Password expiry).
I studied the RF2759 and it said that the change-password packet (id =7)
should now be sent to change the old password with a new one.

I am using jradius to communicate with the server but nothing i found on
internet about it and the use of the change-password packet (examples or
something other).

Actually i found some sources (es.
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/eap8021x/eap8021x-100/EAP8021X.fproj/mschap.c)
and i am tring to implement them converting the logic from C to java but
it is going to be a very hard work.

Does somebody know something (examples, sources, libraries) about the
change-password packet sending?

Thanks, bye
Emanuel