New Developer Intro / Help with building RPM

Jason Rohm jason.rohm at srctechnologies.com
Tue Mar 27 18:44:07 CEST 2012

Hello. I'm new to the community. I'm getting involved primarily out of
interest in radsec improvements. My background is in networking, mostly
Cisco stuff. I've been doing quite a bit of development around Cisco phone
system automation. Primarily in PHP and Java, but I have some C experience
in another life.

I consider myself a linux 'power user' but not an expert. I've been
successful in downloading the repo from git and compiling it locally. I
was able to use the locally compiled code to begin testing but would like
to roll it out to other hosts, most of which are not (and cannot) be setup
for local compiling.

I have NOT been successful in building an RPM directly from the git repo.
I'm using the following Mandriva wiki page as a guide:
'http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Rpmbuild_and_git' I am developing and testing
on CentOS 6.2 64-bit. Most information I've found by consulting with Mr.
Google describes only how to create them from and existing SRPM.

I'd like some assistance in the form of a cheat sheet, wiki, or whatever
you have to point me in the right direction. The current output of my
'rpmbuild' is attached below my signature.

Jason Rohm
Communication Architect
SRC Technologies

[xxxxx at freeradiusdev rpmbuild]$ rpmbuild -ba
~/rpmbuild/SPECS/freeradius.spec
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.udSl3C
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/xxxxxx/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ cd /home/xxxxxx/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ rm -rf freeradius-server-2.2.0
+ /usr/bin/bzip2 -dc
/home/jtrohm/rpmbuild/SOURCES/freeradius-server-2.2.0.tar.bz2
+ /bin/tar -xf -
+ STATUS=0
+ cd freeradius-server-2.2.0
+ /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
+ echo 'Patch #1 (freeradius-cert-config.patch):'
Patch #1 (freeradius-cert-config.patch):
+ /bin/cat /home/xxxxx/rpmbuild/SOURCES/freeradius-cert-config.patch
+ /usr/bin/patch -s -p1 -b --suffix .cert-config --fuzz=0
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file raddb/certs/ca.cnf.rej
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file raddb/certs/client.cnf.