New Developer Intro / Help with building RPM

Jason Rohm jason.rohm at srctechnologies.com
Tue Mar 27 20:44:15 CEST 2012

Thanks John,

So far I have:

-Setup a Git repo and synced it tot he current master (3.0.0) in the
~/repositories/freeradius-server directory

-Zipped up the repo in tar.bz2 format (similar to what the native spec
seems to be looking for).

-Linked the archive file into the ~rpmbuild/SOURCES directory

-Linked the spec file found in ~repositories/freeradius-server/redhat into
the ~rpmbuild/SPEC directory

-Run 'rpmbuild -bb ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/freeradius.spec' from ~/rpmbuild

Per another person's suggestion, I removed the patch from the spec file,
but am now simply receiving the error "error: No patch number 1".

I apologize for wasting the group's time on something that is probably SOP
for most people here. If there is another forum that can provide me with
more targeted assistance, I'd welcome the suggestion.

Jason Rohm
Communication Architect
SRC Technologies, Inc.