FR Developer for hire: Adding Accounting support to the rlm_ldap module?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu May 3 14:20:30 CEST 2012

On 05/03/2012 05:09 AM, Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
> Hello
>
> I was wanting to know if someone would be interested in being paid to
> add "accounting" support into the RLM_LDAP module.
>
> For this I am wanting when calling the ldap module during the
> "accounting" section so it can update/delete records in the LDAP
> directory based on the Acct-Status-Type and using a new field type into
> the ldap.attrmap.  Ideally I would be looking for when you get an
> accounting Start it adds or updates an attribute, for an Interim-Update
> also add/update and for a Stop then removes the attribute.

Be careful of what you wish for and be aware of the design goals of
various technologies. LDAP is designed for look-ups, it is not designed
for frequent data updating. SQL databases are designed for frequent data
updating as well as relational logic. You might be better served by
keeping your accounting data in a SQL database, not an LDAP directory.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/