rlm_rediswho with spaces

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 1 08:45:00 CET 2012

Brian Candler wrote:
> I am not. I am trying to understand what is going on.

  I understand.  I'm trying to point out that the log message is pretty
obvious.

> OK this is clear: if the rediswho module blocks indefinitely, it will take
> down that thread indefinitely. Once the thread pool is all in this state,
> the server will stop responding.

  Yes.  This is what happens with SQL, too.  There are many posts about
it on the -users list.

> The code which picks a connection from a pool appears to be closely borrowed
> from rlm_sql/sql.c (and therefore is probably OK)

  Possibly.  That code is pretty horrific, and has been re-written in
"master".

  You can always use "gdb" to attach to a running process.  Then,
inspect a blocked thread, to see where it's blocked.  After that, the
solution should be pretty obvious.