configure/build system

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Nov 8 00:44:06 CET 2012

On 7 Nov 2012, at 23:04, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 05:57:42PM -0500, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Matthew Newton wrote:
>>> Just beginning to wonder as I'm hitting these issues if I've
>>> missed something - is anyone else still using BOILER=yes? I
>>> thought the plan was for it to become the default one day?
>>
>>  It will be the default.
>
> OK - I'm not going as nuts as I thought then!

Yeah i'm going to take a look at doing the missing .mk files.

>> Arran has been poking the build system.
>
> I noticed... ;)

:(

>> I've been busy at IETF taking over the RADIUS working group.
>
> heh.
>
>>  But the *rebuild* time goes from 2s to 0.2s.  That's useful.
>
> Good point - rebuild is incredibly quick.

Regarding configure, if you pass -C it'll go much quicker, as it'll share the AC cache between the different module configure scripts. You can do this by default with a config.site file. I'm looking at hacks to make it the default for developer builds, but those pesky autoconf people seem to frown upon it and have made it difficult.

-Arran