Git repository (Unstaged changes)

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 14 16:40:18 CET 2012

On 14/11/12 15:25, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 01/11/12 16:04, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>
>> On 1 Nov 2012, at 15:55, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hmm... that's new.
>>
>> It is set in the repo as of a couple of hours ago. I think i've fixed
>> up all the problematic ones  so it should be ok now.
>
> For reference this, and the "text=auto", are causing me problems on
> v2.x.x branches:
>
>   - share/dictionary.freeswitch - reporting a change for $Id$
>   - raddb/sql/oracle/msqlippool.txt - line endings
>
> I don't think I can fix these locally, can I?

"man gitattributes" suggests this procedure:

$ echo "* text=auto" >>.gitattributes
$ rm .git/index     # Remove the index to force git to
$ git reset         # re-scan the working directory
$ git status        # Show files that will be normalized

...which shows problems with:

dialup_admin/htdocs/help/filter_id_help.html
dialup_admin/htdocs/help/framed_protocol_help.html
dialup_admin/htdocs/help/service_type_help.html
raddb/sql/oracle/msqlippool.txt
share/dictionary.freeswitch

...in v2.x.x branches, at least.

I was able to "fix" this broken repo with:

git rm .gitattributes
git checkout <thefiles>
git stash save grumble-grumble

...so I can at least "git checkout" now.